Running out of ideas for remote learning and activities to keep the kids engaged and busy? Check out the Breakthrough Junior Challenge…
Khan Academy and the Breakthrough Junior Challenge have the following video contest for your child to enter.
What Does Your Child Have to do?
- Create a video that explains a challenging concept in physics, mathematics, or the life sciences.
- There is also a COVID-19 category. Children can help educate the world about this global health crisis by sharing the science or math behind the causes, impacts and potential solutions.
- It must be under 3 minutes long.
- It should be engaging, illuminating, and creative.
Your child has to be 13 to 18 years old.
Deadline for Competition Entry
The deadline for submission is June 25, 2020. Register today at www.breakthroughjuniorchallenge.org.
Awards and Prizes
The winner will be presented their award on the live, globally televised Breakthrough Prize ceremony on National Geographic, Facebook, and YouTube, where they’ll also meet with world leaders in science, technology, academia, business, and entertainment.
- The winner receives a $250,000 college scholarship.
- The winner’s teacher a $50,000 prize.
- The winner’s school a new $100,000 science lab.
More about the Competition
The videos made by the past Breakthrough Junior Challenge winners have collectively been viewed over 6 million times teaching a global audience about science and math in their own voices. If you want to inspire your kids, head over to the Khan Academy website to watch them.