These are music resources from our music teacher that I have collated here to make them easier for my kids to access. Feel free to use them, too.
- Chrome Music Lab
- Music Play Online – login details in your email.
- Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
- Groove Pizza – Youtube videos on the web-based drum programming tool created by the NYU Music Experience Design Lab
- Garage Band Tutorials by Arvid Sandgren – for extended music learning.
Skoove Online Piano Courses
I wrote about Skoove some time back. To help us out during MCO, they have made the following features in their program available for free:
- Beginner piano course
- 27 songs are now available for free (the full list is available on their announcement page)
- Teachers and educational institutions get Skoove Premium for free –Get in touch with them.
TED Talks on Music
- Your Brain on Music
- The Transformative Power of Classical Music
- How Sampling Transformed Music
- Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale
- How to Truly Listen
- How Playing an Instrument Benefits Your Brain
- Reggie Watts Disorients You in the Most Entertaining Way
- The Mad Scientist of Music
- 4 Simple Steps To Writing A Song
- How to Practice Effectively…For Just About Anything
- Music as a Language
- Finding a Place Through Music
- Hit Song Science
- The Illusion of the Shy Musician
- The Polyphonic Me
- A Different Way to Visualize Rhythm
- Music and Math: The Genius of Beethoven
- The Science of Dubstep
- How Music Can Heal Our Brain and Heart
- Music and the Inner Self
- A Musical Genius
- Why Most Piano Players Fail
- The Harmonic Series In Music
- Pop Music is Stuck on Repeat
- Why We Love Repetition in Music
- What if Every Child Had Access to Music Education From Birth?
- Music is Medicine
- The Power of Music
- The Power of Musicals
- The Orchestra In My Mouth
- How to Translate the Feeling Into Sound
Double Up: Science Songs
More Music Resources
Don’t forget the music resources which I shared earlier:
- Piano Maestro – App for learning piano at home.
- Music Play Online – paid program but you can get one month free.
- Tunelark – video chat music lessons with experts.
- Video Drum Lessons
- Justin Guitar – thousands of free lessons available.
- Major Music Theory – music theory workbooks and sheet music (some free, some paid).
- Music Theory Lessons
- DIY Musical Instruments
- DSO Kids – activities for music appreciation by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
- Scan Score – an educational optical music recognition that can scan and read sheet music and play it back to you.