The mark of a good educational app is one that gets the children engaged without you having to nag them. Sometimes, it differs for each child so you may need to look around to try a few different apps before you find one that works. I confess that aside from Kodable, it hasn’t been easy getting G2 excited about coding. Recently, G2 discovered this one from school and he’s been hooked…
Coding with the Foos by CodeSpark
The Foos are funny, happy creatures that inspire kids to create and collaborate through programming. It uses a free global platform that allows anyone to make their own games and learn to code along with millions of players from 153 countries!
Working with Princeton and Harvey Mudd University professors, The Foos turns programming into play as kids learn to code via a series of exciting adventures. Track down a sneaky doughnut thief, rescue puppies lost in space, serve up gourmet meals and master core computer science concepts at the same time! Using a word-free interface, The Foos makes it easy for anyone, anywhere in the world, to play.
The Foos has over 40 puzzle levels and 3 unique creative play areas for storytelling and animation. The Foos also contains a creative space Foo Studio that allows kids to put programming concepts to work by making video games and programming interactive stories. Their creations can then be shared with a global community of Foo coders!
The Foos by CodeSpark Teaches Kids:
- Pattern recognition
- Control flow
- Algorithmic thinking
- Problem solving
The Foos is the perfect introduction for those who have no experience programming. It is all-ages friendly so anyone from 5 to 105 can play, have fun and learn real programming logic.
The Foos follows a curriculum standard based on curriculum from MIT and Exploring Computer Science at UCLA. Its core concepts include: pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals. Coding with The Foos requires visual, intuitive and imaginative input that builds critical computational thinking skills for future success.
The Foos by CodeSpark is Award Winning
- 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal
- 2015 USA Today’s — Best Pick
- 2015 Tillywig Toy Awards – Brain Child
- Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App
The Foos by CodeSpark is Loved All
- “My students can’t get enough!” – Joni Clark, Teacher, Pasadena School District
- “The Foos are funny, cute and I love them!” – Nicole, Age 7
- “The Foos is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it’s easy to experiment.” – Children’s Technology Review
- “Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles. Even my teenager was completely engaged!” – Parents’ Choice Awards
Download the Foos:
Best of all, it’s free! And there are no in-app purchases!