Research from Duke University shows that students lose an average of 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in computational ability over the summer.
This holidays, beat the Math slide with these awesome Math resources…
Designed by learning scientists at Carnegie Mellon University and tested in hundreds of classrooms, Space Math will take children on an amazing adventure through space where they will learn all about the following Math topics:
- Number Sense – Order, Round and Compare Whole Numbers; Round, Order and Compare Decimals; Round, Compare and Order Fractions
- Place Value – Place Values in Whole Numbers; Place Values in Decimals; Add and Subtract based on Place Values; Multiply and Divide based on Place Values
- Addition and Subtraction Concepts – Add and Subtract based on Place Values; Make a Number; Addition and Subtraction Properties
- Multiplication and Division Concepts – Multiply and Divide based Place Values; Multiplication and Division Properties
- Addition – Multi digit Addition; Estimate Sums; Patterns in Addition Table
- Subtraction – Multi digit Subtraction; Relate to Addition; Estimate Differences
- Multiplication – Multi digit Multiplication; Multiply by multiples of 10 and 100; Patterns in Multiplication Table; Estimate Products
- Division – Multi digit Division; Divide by multiples of 10 and 100; Estimate Quotient
- Fractions – Fractions as Whole numbers; Equivalent Fractions; Compare Fractions; Order Fractions; Fractions on Number Line; Add and Subtract Fractions; Multiply and Divide Fractions
- Decimals – Place values in Decimals; Compare Decimals; Round Decimals; Decimals on Number Line; Add and Subtract Decimals
- Mixed Number – Understand Mixed Numbers; Compare Mixed Numbers with Fractions; Add and Subtract Mixed Numbers
- Measurement – Read and Write Time using Analog and Digital Clock; Add and Subtract Time; Angle Measurement; Add and Subtract Angles
- Geometry – Angle Concept, Partitioning Shapes
Space Math features:
- The app contains over 100 game levels that support more than 80 Common Core State Standards
- There are six adaptive learning pathways for Grade 2, 3, 4, 5, Middle School & Adults
- This rigorously designed app builds high-need skills with conceptual learning and fluency
- It also contains a Learning Analytics Dashboard to track learning progress
- Randomized Controlled Trials have proven significant learning outcomes and transfer within individual games
“So much fun they hardly realize they are doing math!” – Jodi K., Math Teacher at Fort Cherry Elementary Center
“My students absolutely love this program!” – Mandy D., Math Teacher at Norwin School District
- National STEM Game Competition
- Educational App Grand Challenge
- New York City Department of Education “Gap App” competition
In this exciting series of real world Math books, children are invited to learn how Math fits into every aspect of our everyday lives. It is a clever and challenging approach to math that will interest and inspire budding mathematicians and encourage an active way of learning. Using real-world situations, this series of books display the practical applications for the math that children learn in classrooms and demonstrates that math goes far beyond paper and pencil and into everyday life.
In the title “Solve a Crime“, children are invited to play detective. They have to use their math knowledge to solve real-life crimes. This exciting story-problem book focuses on one case, taking the reader through a detailed investigation while exploring the math techniques used by real detectives and forensic scientists. This resource allows children to practice their math and numeracy skills while experiencing the thrill of what it’s really like to solve a crime.
More Real World Math Books:
For the avid reader who struggles with boring, repetitive Math drills, this book of math mysteries and the wonder of numbers may just be the trick that will ignite an interest in numbers. Discover incredible information, such as why zero is so useful; what a googol really is; why music, maths and space are connected; why bees prefer hexagons; how to tell the time on other planets; and much much more. From marvellous measurements and startling shapes, to terrific theories and numbers in nature – maths has never been as amazing as this!
Part of the same series as the popular Horrible Science and Horrible Histories, Murderous Maths brings you Math with the laughs added in and the boredom taken away. From freaky fractions to cunning codes, you’re in for more laughs than you can count. Beware, brave reader. In Murderous Maths, you won’t find any boring exercises or flummoxing sums. Instead, Professor Fiendish and his rotten sidekick, Chainsaw Charlie, unleash their murderous take on maths. Foul formulas. Agonising algebra. Terrible take-aways. Essential curriculum math as you’ve never seen it before. Now there’s no excuse to be afraid of learning numbers.
This bestselling series comes with great cartoons by Philip Reeveon and includes titles such as:
- The Phantom X
- Desperate Measures
- The Perfect Sausage
- Guaranteed to Bend your Brain
- Do you Feel Lucky?
- Awesome Arithmetricks
- Savage Shapes
- Guaranteed to Mash your Mind
- The Key to the Universe
- Easy Questions, Evil Answers