We first wrote about myBrainLab 2 years ago when they first launched in Malaysia and thought it was probably time for an update…
myBrainLab is a personal brain training gym that helps adults and children enhance their capacity to think and learn. Their training programs are based on the science of neuroplasticity which demonstrates the brain’s ability to reorganise and create new neural pathways. Watch the video below to learn more about neuroplasticity.
myBrainLab offers 4 brain training programs:
- Junior Program – designed to ensure a solid foundation of cognitive skills strength for 3 to 5 year olds.
- Cognitive Reading Program – designed for 3 to 6 year olds, this is more than just a program for teaching children to read. It also ensures the fundamental cognitive skills for reading success such as auditory processing and working memory are strengthened.
- BrainRX Program – for 6 years and up, this is the internationally acclaimed, personal (one-on-one) brain training boot camp designed to strengthen cognitive weaknesses and enhance mental skills for faster, more effective learning.
- Working Adults & Senior Program – no matter what age you are, brain training can help you become smarter, think faster, and remember better.
Founded by Dr Ken Gibson, BrainRx is a brain training program designed to help children learn faster, comprehend more, and get smarter. With the BrainRx program, they can:
- Maximize their learning and reading potential
- Think and reason faster and more accurately
- Master English studies more easily than otherwise possible
- Enhance core learning skills including memory, attention, and processing speed
BrainRx trains 7 cognitive skills
- Working memory
- Processing speed
- Logic and reasoning
- Long-term memory
- Auditory processing
- Visual processing
How it Works
The child’s cognitive function is tested with a cognitive skills assessment. Areas of weakness are identified and a customised program is developed for the individual student to work one-on-one with a personal brain trainer over 16 to 32 weeks. The personal aspect of the training incorporates five key ingredients for successful brain training — practice, intensity, sequencing, loading and immediate feedback.
How Effective is it?
Students using the BrainRx program in the United States have gained an average of 15 to 20 points in IQ, and move up an average of 30 percentile points. The BrainRx program has been used with children and adults (including individuals with ADHD, dyslexia, autism, traumatic brain injury).
What parents are saying:
“My children have been in the program for almost three months. The one-on-one training sessions help to regularly review their progress and tailor the programs to fit their needs. I found that they already showed improvement in weak areas as soon as they finished one third of the program. They seemed to have better working memories, improved problem-solving abilities, more logical thinking and better academic performance. Thank you!”
“Our son was into his teens early this year and showing all signs of being impatient, angry, restless and suffering from attention disorder. We could not make him sit in front of the books for more than 15 minutes. But ever since he joined BrainRx, we have seen a remarkable change, not only in his concentration levels but also in his attitude. He has become more independent and trusts in his own ability to learn and understand new concepts.”
“We have been receiving a lot of positive feedback from my son’s teachers. Not only that, but my son seems happier and takes more initiative.”