Minecraft is not only fun, it’s also proving to be highly educational. Here are some of the skills your child can learn from playing Minecraft:
- Geometry and Spatial Reasoning
- Basic Technology Science
- Basic Survival Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
Nothing encourages fun learning more than connecting games to educational lessons. If you want to take your child’s Minecraft experience to a whole new educational level, here are a few opportunities for Minecraft kids to learn new skills using a game they already love…
Don’t just play, create! Kids will learn the basics of one of the most popular coding languages in the world!
Youth Digital’s Server Design: Learn to Code with Minecraft is a year-long online course where kids learn Java™ programming as they design and develop their own Minecraft server from start to finish. The end result is a playable, shareable Minecraft server that they built from scratch.
Students master programing concepts using Eclipse, a Java development tool pros use in the industry. Learning about object-oriented programming, methods and parameters, instantiation of new objects, and other introductory concepts, it is the perfect learning tool to prepare kids for the future in technology.
Server Design 1 by Youth Digital is an engaging way for kids to learn key technical concepts while programming their own Minecraft server. The breakthrough learning platform provides kids a comprehensive learning experience that is amazingly fun, highly interactive, and rewarding.
Why kids love it:
- Interactive lessons are fun to watch and easy to follow!
- Kids learn at their own pace!
- Minecraft builds problem solving abilities among its users
- Kids customize their own Minecraft server to play with their friends by their rules!
- Over 30 hours of self-paced, engaging online lessons and bonus materials
- 1 year access to a dedicated team of online teachers to help your child along the way
- Professional software
Recommended for: ages 8 to 14
Youth Digital’s Mod Design: Learn to Code with Minecraft is a year long Java course for Minecraft kids ages 8 to 14. Youth Digital’s online tech courses provide a safe, engaging learning environment for kids to master new technology skills. They will learn to modify the Minecraft game by coding their own Minecraft mod from start to finish. The end result is a unique, shareable Minecraft mod that they built from scratch.
Regular Price: $249.99
Promo Price: $134.99 (Use this code to get an additional 10% off: PUMPKINSPICE)
LearnToMod is a browser-based software that teaches students how to mod the PC-version of Minecraft®.
- Designed for students as young as 6 years old
- Children learn how to code by modding their own private Minecraft server that they can share with friends
What is included?
Tutorials, videos, and puzzles guide students through basic and complex mod building. Students will learn to create their own mods from scratch. This deal gives students access to the LearnToMod software and their own private Minecraft for 1 year.
- Where ideas are brought to life with code.
- Kids will write their mods here.
- Choose from two powerful programming languages.
- Share code with others and remix code that others have written.
- Test mods on a private server.
- Invite friends to play.
- Control everything about your own server – the weather, the time of day, who’s banned and who’s not.
- Install texture packs and mod it with mods you’ve written.
- Suitable for beginners with no coding experience.
- Contains hundreds of video lessons, puzzles, and quizzes.
- Unlock cool badges and start leveling-up as a coder.
- Learn to design and code multi-player mini-games of your own.
What you will need:
- You need internet to use the software (it’s browser-based.) You also need internet to access the private Minecraft server.
- You need a copy of the PC version of Minecraft if you plan to mod on the private Minecraft server. This can be purchased here.
- Any laptop or desktop computer running Windows or Mac is compatible with the software. The software does not work on Chromebooks, tablets, or Linux machines yet.
All of these programs are offered on Educents at a discount.
Click HERE to start shopping for your Minecraft kid.
More Deals from Educents:
- K-12 Digital Homeschool Curriculum – This package includes 98 comprehensive and affordable K-12 Digital Textbooks in Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies!
- Clifford Science Club – Inspire a love of learning with the help of Clifford!
- Tegu Blocks – finely crafted and perfect for kids of all ages! With magnets embedded in every wooden block, kids can build multiple structures form various shapes.
- Magformers – help with brain development through educational exploration and fun! With the intelligent magnetic design and high quality, durable construction these play sets allow children of all ages to explore their imagination and creativity!