Wheelie Sundays at Publika have been a regular feature from as far back as February 2012 and it’s terrible that it has taken us this long to get out there but, as they say, “better late than never”…
About Wheelie Sundays@Publika
- It’s on every Sunday from 7am to 10am.
- The inner roads are closed to traffic so you can walk, run, ride, or scooter with the whole family.
- The circuit is 1.2km.
- Don’t have a bike? No worries, borrow one for free – located at “The Square” where the outdoor stage is (at least that’s where they were when we went). They have tandem bikes as well as bikes for adults, teenagers and children.
Apparently there is an early bird breakfast for sale at RM2 from 7am to 8am but we got there late so I can’t say much about it.
I’m not sure if it was because we were late or if the publicity has sort of died down but there didn’t seem to be quite as many people as I thought there would be – which wasn’t exactly a bad thing since there was plenty of space for the kids to move around.
A couple of warnings:
- The drains are quite hazardous for the scooters with small wheels because the tyres can get stuck.
- The mini speed bumps are also pretty nasty – as G2 and I discovered when we raced over them too quickly.
- The inclines are awful if you’re on small wheels because they’re terribly bumpy.
Other than that, bring your brain buckets, stay safe and happy wheeling!
Publika Shopping Gallery – 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, KL.