What is Doodle 4 Google?
Google uses the homepage logo designs, or doodles, to celebrate different people, events or special dates. These doodles are usually created by their doodlers, who are also Google web designers. For the first time, Google is bringing Doodle 4 Google to Malaysia.
2014 Doodle 4 Google Malaysia Theme
The theme is : ‘Malaysia to me is…’
Google is looking for doodles created by students that represent this theme. Students are encouraged to be as creative and imaginative as possible – as these are the characteristics that Google values. Encourage your children to think about culture, diversity, landmarks, people, food, etc. that make Malaysia unique to them. Teachers may also help classrooms of students participate together as an art project. Students may use any type of drawing materials to produce their work of art.
Who can enter this competition?
It is open to all school students in Malaysia. Each student is allowed to enter one doodle submission under four age categories: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-17. There will be a winner in each age group. The winning entry stands the chance to grace the Google.com.my homepage on Malaysia Day, this 16 September 2014.
- The doodle should be presented on a white, landscape sheet of A4 paper only.
- The Google logo template can be downloaded from the Doodle 4 Google website.
- Students do not have to draw directly on the template but as the winning doodle will be displayed on the Google homepage, please ensure that the Google logo is clearly visible and recognisable.
- The doodle can be in pencil, crayon, felt tip, paint, or can be created using computer drawing or design software. Unfortunately 3D entries will not be accepted.
All entries are to be submitted to Google either online or via post. Closing date for entries is: 15 July 2014.
Parents and teachers can submit entries online via the Doodle 4 Google Malaysia website. Just scan the entries, or take photos (300 dpi) of the doodle entry forms, and submit them online here: www.google.com.my/doodle4google/submit.html.
If you are submitting via post, the entries should be sent to the address below:
Doodle 4 Google Malaysia
Level 20, Quill 7, No. 9 Jalan Stesen Sentral 5
KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur 50470
Google employees will shortlist the best doodles from each of the age groups. The best selected doodles will be judged by guest judges, who select the finalists for each age group. The public vote on the Doodle 4 Google website will determine winners in every age group.
The official Google doodle team, made up of Google web designers, will select the winning doodle from the age group winners. This doodle will be shown on the Google Malaysia homepage.
Public voting begins 1 August 2014 and ends 31 August 2014.
The winner will be announced 8 September 2014.
- Doodles will be disqualified if copyrighted or trademarked images and logos are used. Examples of this would be the Nike “swoosh”, popular characters from shows, movies and books.
- Only one application per student. If more than one is submitted only the first will be considered and those thereafter will be disqualified.
- Entries submitted into the wrong age group will be disqualified.
More about Doodle 4 Google Malaysia 2014
Visit: www.google.com.my/doodle4google/; or contact: