G2 was at G1’s school when he found some magnetic fishing rods and had a blast with it. After pondering how to bring that activity home without having to go out to buy our own magnetic fishing rods, I came up with this…
What you will need:
- Fishing boat – laundry basket
- Fish – little magnets, magnetic letters, or any other small magnetic/metal toys you can round up
- Fishing rod:
- long balloon and balloon pump
- string (about 50cm long)
- sticky tape
- flat disc magnet (you only need one for each fishing rod)
Making the fishing rod:
- pump up the balloon and tie a knot.
- attach one end your string to the balloon knot.
- attach your magnet to the other end of the string with the sticky tape.
And you’re ready to go fishing!