If it gets the kids to practice their Math without me having to say a word, I love it. And this app does just that…
This app sends your children on a mission to help a friendly and curious little ghost rescue the fireflies that are hidden in Mystery Math Town where they will have to use their math skills to unlock rooms and passages on their enchanting journey. Along the way, they can also earn talking portraits of the townspeople for the Gallery. Every picture has a story to tell and the colorful cast of characters in this town have plenty to say.
- Math practice integrated with a rich, immersive game experience
- Multiple user accounts – create your own avatar
- Customizable math skills for each player:
- Varied Number Representations (dice and tallies)
- Players develop math thought by building equations, not just tapping answers
- Bonus challenges for extended gameplay
- Unique rewards reveal characters and backstory
- Requires strategy and critical thinking
Similar to i-Math, the mathematical problems in this app use the reversible method which reinforces knowledge and develops creative thinking skills.
Recommended age: 6-12 and up.
If your child likes Mystery Math Town, don’t miss the sequel –
In this app, the mission is to rescue the dragonflies that are hidden in Mystery Math Museum. In this app, division problems have been added to the mix of addition, subtraction and multiplication problems. It also features 8 themed museums:
- Wild West
- Ancient History
Both apps are available on the iTunes app store for $2.99.