KinderBach is a video program for teaching young children to play the piano. They have two music curriculums – one for schools and one for home. We recently signed up for a trial run of their online program and I tried it out on Gavin (Gareth at 16 months is still too young for this program). After my past attempts to teach him music, I wasn’t particularly hopeful for a positive response so I just played the video clips and let him watch as and when he wanted to. To my surprise, he was actually keen to proceed with the next video lesson.
We were doing quite well until Gavin got sick. Then after Gavin recovered, Gareth got sick. Although Gareth got better, he’s taken a turn again and has been cranky all day. All our home lessons have come to a stop with Gareth being exceptionally clingy. The only thing he could stand to give any amount of attention to without breaking down and crying after a couple of minutes was the TV.
I’m digressing… Here are the details for the KinderBach home curriculum:
- KinderBach teaches piano to children by using fun characters to teach them music vocabulary, note reading, rhythm, physical technique, “do re mi” singing, listening skills and music composition.
- The curriculum follows the MENC National Standards for Pre-K which means it can be translated to any instrument.
- To cater for the different styles of learning, KinderBach engages children through audio, visual and kinesthetic methods.
- The curriculum is available on DVD or through online video presentations.
- In addition to the video lessons, KinderBach includes games, puzzles and activity sheets on PDF that parents can download and print out.
Here’s a sample of one of the video lessons:
Online lessons start at $7.99 a month (if you pay for an annual membership) or $19.99 if you go month by month. DVD value packages cost $202.88 for Level 1 to 6 (there are various combinations you can purchase so do take a look at their other value bundles).
For a limited time, you can get 25% off all KinderBach products by using the following coupon code: KBonFB.
I also have one coupon for 35% off all KinderBach memberships and physical products that I will be giving away. For those interested to enter the draw, just leave a comment on this post and I’ll announce the winner at the end of the week.