Made an easy dessert to go with our steak dinner the other evening and felt like Martha Stewart with half the effort.
- 125 g butter
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 120 g castor sugar
- 110 g Earth Organic Walnut and Hazelnut Powder
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- Melt butter, chocolate and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cool the contents a little and stir in nut powder, flour and eggs.
- Pour into a prepared pan (25 cm round cake tin).
- Bake in 160 C oven for 50 minutes.
- The first time I made it, I misread the ingredients and used plain flour instead. It turned the cake into a nice brownie which worked perfectly with a side serving of ice cream.
- The second time around, I ran out of Walnut and Hazelnut Powder so I swapped in Earth Organic Almond Powder and got the following texture with self-raising flour.
It turned out beautifully for such an easy mix cake – the kind that makes you want to pat your own back for a job well done.