A friend introduced me to Super Sprout and we love it so much, I had to share it…
What is Super Sprout?
Super Sprout is a Australian range of powdered food made from 100% naturally freeze dried fruit and vegetables. They are so easy to add into your meals and drinks that they offer a terrific way to boost your family’s nutritional intake without the usual food battles. Currently, there are 10 variants available:
- Organic Apple
- Organic Beetroot
- Organic Broccoli Sprout
- Organic Carrot
- Organic Barley Grass Sprout
- Organic Lemon
- Organic Wheatgrass Sprout
The powders are naturally freeze dried with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. There do not contain any other products or “fillers” so what you get is 100% pure. Each tablespoonful is packed full of nutrients – just look at the equivalent quantities of 1 tablespoon of powder in actual fruit/vegetable:
- Apple contains high concentrations of Vitamin C, Polyphenols, Betacarotene and Flavonoids.
- Apple is rich in Pectin, a soluble fibre that has been shown to reduce cholesterol.
- The soluble fibre in Apple can assist in regulating blood sugar.
- Beetroot has extremely low GI and is high in soluble fibre which helps to reduce high blood cholesterol levels.
- Beetroot increases oxygen uptake at the cellular level, reduces blood pressure and protects the cardiovascular system.
- Blueberries are one of the highest sources of anti-oxidants compared to any other fruit.
- Blueberries also contain a special group of anti-oxidants called carotenoids and flavonoids, in addition to vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A, selenium, zinc and phosphorus, which are extremely beneficial for overall health. These anti-oxidants help to neutralise free radical damage to cells.
- Broccoli Sprouts can boost your immune system.
- Broccoli Sprouts are rich in Sulphur which helps to cleanse and strengthen the blood.
- Broccoli Sprouts improve digestion and lower cholesterol.
- Carrot is an extremely powerful source of Antioxidants.
- Carrot is a great source of Dietary Fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese.
- Carrot is well known as a rich source of Beta-Carotene, an extremely powerful Antioxidant.
- Beta Carotene is converted to Vitamin A in the human body and it can protect against stroke and heart disease.
- The Beta-carotene in carrot helps to protect vision, especially night vision.
- The health benefits of honey and ginger in treating respiratory problems.
- Ginger root is effective in reducing nausea and motion sickness.
- May be useful in reducing the pain, stiffness, and immobility of arthritis.
- As a stomach-calming agent, ginger also reduces gas, bloating, and indigestion, and aids in the body’s use and absorption of other nutrients and medicines.
- Wheatgrass contains the lipase enzyme which helps break down fat cells.
- Wheatgrass assists red blood cells to oxygenate the blood.
- Wheatgrass can boost the immune system and benefit liver regeneration.
- Lemon is a diuretic helping to flush toxins and bad bacteria from the body and is jam-packed with Vitamin C.
- When mixed with hot water, lemon is effective in curing many digestion problems and releasing toxins from the Liver.
- Lemon can also act as a general tonic for the Liver.
- Strawberries are packed with Antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- Strawberries also contain Ellargic which acts as a scavenger to assist in ridding the body of nasty chemicals.
- Strawberries are rich in Flavonoids which help prevent cholesterol from oxidizing and damaging artery walls.
- The nutrients in Strawberries responsible for their flush red colour have been shown to protect cell structures in the body and prevent damage to organs.
- Barley grass is a ‘concentrated’ nutritious whole food offering balanced nutrition to the body.
- Barley grass is very easily digested by the body, thus allowing the body to use its nutrients within a matter of minutes.
- Barley grass contains very large amounts of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and other beneficial nutrients.
I can already think of so many ways I can add these powders into the foods of my fussy eaters.