So I had some arborio rice left over from my previous adventures with risotto so I decided to try a new recipe. I borrowed the base recipe from Stay at Home Mum but made some slight modifications. The boys protested when I mentioned I was going to make Italian rice so I halved the recipe and made them Tomato Chicken instead.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups stock
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 150g button mushrooms
- 200g beef sliced
- Turn on the slow cooker on low and add butter, onion and garlic.
- Cook with lid on for 30 minutes.
- Add rice and stir.
- Add stock and continue cooking for 90 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add mushrooms and beef.
- Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add parmesan and serve.
- For the stock, I used plain water and 1 1/2 cubes of stock (one chicken, half beef). You can also use Campbell’s Real Stock.
DH and I both enjoyed it so I guess this one’s a keeper, too.