This is a simple recipe from my SIL that was a real winner with my biggest fussy eater so it had to go down in the undomestic goddess recipe journal. I figure that if I can find a good udon, smallest fussy eater will love it too.
Without further ado, here it is…
- Dashi powder
- soy sauce
- soba noodles
- beef, marinate with salt and black pepper
- spring onions
- Add water to a stock pot. Bring to the boil. Blanch the spinach. Put aside.
- Use the same pot to cook your noodles. Set aside.
- Grill or pan fry the beef – just enough to seal it. You will be pouring hot soup over it later and it will cook further so don’t over do it now. Set the beef aside for at least 10 minutes before slicing it up. You can also roast a larger piece of beef and freeze the excess for another day. It’s great for beef sandwiches and other easy meals.
- In a fresh pot, boil more water. Add miso powder and soy sauce.
- Put noodles, spinach and sliced beef into a bowl for one person. Add boiling soup. Sprinkle diced spring onions.
- Serve with wasabi and soy sauce.
And this is what you’ll get…
Powered by Max Banner Ads