Brainchild explores the importance of providing optimum fundamental necessities such as sleep, rest, nutrition, touch and security to children so that they can focus on being the best they can be.
Supported by case studies and scientific research findings, Brainchild provides keen insights on how to get the best results from your children in anything they commit to doing. As the parent, you are the key to unlocking their excellence.
More about Brainchild.
Available at these stores:
- Innovating Education: The Large-Scale Enquiry ProgramThere is an annual event at school called The Large-Scale Enquiry Program. In previous years, I had given it almost no mind because it did not involve my kids directly. This is the first year that G1 has participated in the main large-scale enquiry (years 3 and 4 have their own “mini” large-scale enquiry – if […]
- Science Week Activity: Design and Build a Ping Pong LauncherIt’s Science Week at school and the boys were given an optional science project to work on: make a ping pong launcher. Seizing the opportunity for a bit of father-son bonding, I handed the task over to Dad to guide the boys through their design process and construction of the launcher. Create a Ping Pong Launcher The […]
- Jungle School – A Forest School in MalaysiaWe were introduced to Jungle School when G2 was in EYC. It was a new initiative championed by G2’s class teacher who had a very positive experience with the forest schools in the UK. I confess that I loved the idea right from the outset. There was no need to convince me why we needed […]
- Kickstarting 2017 with the Read Aloud Revival ChallengeIt’s the start of a new year and we’ve decided to kick it off by joining the Read Aloud Revival Challenge. What is the Read Aloud Revival Challenge? The Read Aloud Revival Challenge was a concept developed by Sarah MacKenzie. The challenge encourages children to read aloud every day (or as often as possible) for […]
- Figur8 Highlights: Best Articles from Figur8Before we move into 2017, let’s take a look some Figur8 highlights from 2016… Figur8 Highlights We Launched a Book! On Friday 3 June 2016, I launched my book Brainchild at Garden International School. More about the Book Launch. Top 10 Articles from 2016 Self-Regulation and the Zones of Regulation Self–regulation is the ability to manage […]
creativity (noun) the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work. synonyms: inventiveness, imagination, innovation, innovativeness, originality, … [Read More...]
Adversity is the mother of progress. - Mahatma Gandhi There is a breed of parents called the "snowplow" parents who are said to be different from the helicopter parent. Where helicopter parents … [Read More...]
Reading makes children smarter. It's logical since reading provides children access to information from an additional source beyond their peers, parents and teachers. But books are more than just an … [Read More...]
Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think. - Albert Einstein. Education is no longer just about teaching children the 3 R's and a handful of random subjects. Aside … [Read More...]
I read an article recently on why children - as in primary school children - should study philosophy. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the article again to dissect it further, so I did a little … [Read More...]